Practice Management: The Secret to Running an Effective Practice
Every podiatry practice is dealing with the same frustrations and challenges.
Let’s face it: you’re up against a lot of challenges and changes in the world of podiatry that make it more and more difficult to practice medicine.
- Complicated and constantly changing EMR programs
- Meaningful use attestations
- ICD-10 and potential issues with getting paid when it kicks in
- RAC audits
- Billing company woes and collection failures
- Cash flow problems that can be severe and even crippling at times
- A staff that wants to help you deal with all of this and more, but doesn’t have the training and tools to do it and so you continue to struggle
And this is just the tip of a very big iceberg.
Here is the problem: These practice management challenges aren’t going away, and they aren’t getting better on their own. You and your staff are going to have to fix them in your own office. The good news is that you CAN do this—if (and this is essential) you know what to do to get your practice running like a top practice.
The problem lies in making sure you have a staff that is taught, mentored, and supported by coaches who know EXACTLY what to do and how to coach them. You, doctor, are too busy, and let’s face it, you were trained to be a doctor, not a business coach.
Until now, having podiatry practice management coaches work intensively with your staff has been very expensive. Flying experts in for a day or two can be helpful, but truly getting your office in tip-top shape is a marathon, not a sprint. You can’t solve this in a weekend, but you can beat it with the right help.
Here is how the Top Practices Virtual Practice Management Institute works:
- Your practice simply becomes a member of the Top Practices Virtual Practice Management Institute for a low monthly membership fee. There is no extended contract; you can quit your membership at any time.
- Then, any and all staff members are given access to the Institute’s programs.
- Regular coaching and mentoring every week by the Top Practices Management Coach, Tina Del Buono and other experts in practice management.
- Access to the Top Practices Virtual Practice Management Institute Library, which includes full training modules in all aspects of practice management that can be studied and reviewed by your staff (and you) 24/7.
- A special monthly program for the doctors in the practice led by Dr. Peter Wishnie, that mentors and coaches you to support your staff so that they can manage your practice at its optimal level. This is designed to help the busy doctor who doesn’t have much time to learn practice management but needs to make sure his or her staff is performing like an A-Team.
- In addition, you may request that staff members receive special access to professional development courses from Tina Del Buono and Dr. Peter Wishnie.
- As a member of the Top Practices Virtual Practice Management Institute, you will be able to learn not only from the experts but from other practices like you who are solving their problems and succeeding. This is a hallmark of any Top Practices program.
Designed by Practice Management Experts for Your Staff
Here is what we know:
If you really want to address your practice management challenges and become more efficient, there are a few facts you need to accept:
- Nothing is going to change by itself. Nothing is going to get better if you don’t adjust how you’re managing your practice. Whether your team is 2 people or 30, just “working harder” isn’t going to solve your frustrations.
- The time to act is now. Each day that goes by without working to make your practice more efficient, makes your practice worse.
- Your staff needs to better understand the process, and that means breaking the process down into bite-sized, simple steps, making it easier to chew and swallow. In this way, they can manage your practice even more efficiently.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Where are you heading now? – Take 5 minutes to think about where your practice is heading right now without any changes.
- Where do you want to go? – Now take 5 minutes to envision what your dream practice would be like if it was being run like a top practice.
- How will you get there? – It is overwhelming to think about making the changes necessary to have a top practice. Remember the bite-size steps?
In addition to the extensive online resources and courses of The Virtual Practice Management Institute, Peter and Tina work directly with a limited number of coaching clients through one-on-one, intensive, coaching to enable you to achieve and exceed your specific goals.
This first requires an in-depth interview with either Dr. Wishnie or Mrs. Del Buono and acceptance into the program. To arrange the interview and learn how the program works, simply email them directly:
Sometimes it just takes a few hours of individual support to learn all you need to know how to break the logjam holding you back so you can move forward. Others consider regular one-on-one coaching each month to be essential to their success. Tina and Dr. Wishnie will discuss your specific circumstances and help you find what works best for you.
We know the answers.
You do not have to reinvent the wheel. We have done the work for you. You just need to get in the vehicle and drive it to where it needs to go. You do not have to become a practice management expert. You don’t even have to teach your staff yourself. But you must be willing to not only learn what it takes to support them but also be absolutely sure that you aren’t part of the problem inadvertently holding them back. This process does not happen overnight; however, using the Top Practices Virtual Practice Management Institute “Slight Edge” principle gets the job done.